Tuesday, May 27

It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas

In addition to breaking out all the concrete this weekend, we tore out some shrubs and a planter box from the front porch. I am not sure what type of plant it was. Some sort of evergreen whose scent reminded me of pine trees when I walked by.
We tore them out by wrapping a chain around the base of the trunks and pulling them with the Cat. They came out roots and all, like puling weeds.
Troy was as happy as a kid on Christmas. He just loves driving Mechanical things. So do the boys- just like their dad.
I don't know why I am posting this ridiculous picture, but this is a shot Troy took from the drivers seat of the Cat while I was chaining up the trunks. You can see the scoop in the top of the picture.
I always liked those shrubs, but wasn't as sad to see them gone as the fruit trees. In fact, I think I like the house better than when the planter box was there.
Here's what the front of the house looks like today. See the small patch of green grass? My whole lawn looked like that yesterday morning. It is amazing how much havoc a tractor can wreck on a lawn in only a few hours. Oh, well, I guess Troy won't have to worry about mowing the lawn this summer. Lucky guy.

No comments: