Sunday, May 18

Draining our water storage- the fun way

I filled our entire blue recycle can with emptied pop and juice bottles from the shed. We even jumped on them, like a trash compactor, and still couldn't fit them all in the can. I emptied most of them on Wednesday, but Troy's sister, Ali, came over with her 3 kids and they helped dump out the remaining bottles. They got wet, but had so much fun. Ali wanted to climb up on the roof and hammer with Troy, so I watched the 5 kids. After a while, they got bored of the backyard, so we went for a walk. Spencer and Hannah rode in the stroller while Timmy, Hunter and Eliza walked, or rather, ran ahead of me.

Some of the empty bottles. Ironically, Troy and I don't drink soda pop. Most of the bottles came from Ali and Brett. He's a Dr Pepper lover.
Timmy watering the peach tree that we will have to chop down this week. I'm so sad to lose the peach tree and 3 apple trees!
Spencer with his bottle.
Hunter climbing one of the apple trees we cut down on Saturday
Hunter dumping a bottle. Notice the sidewalk behind him is soaked?
Spencer and Hannah. From this angle she actually looks bigger than him.

The big kids climbed up on a pile of gravel to take a break
Almost 9:00PM. I hope the walk wore out these kids as much as it wore me out! Whew!

3 comments:

suz said...

You do so many fun things in your backyard! It is always a party at your house!

Collier Family said...

Wow, you're making great progress with you house! Isn't all so fun???? (Most of the time!) Loved the fold dinner ideas, and especially the pictures to go along with it so I can see how it is to be done! Too bad you have to cut down your fruit trees! :(
Are they transplantable? (Is that even a word??) Oh, and be sure and get yourself in one of the pictures sometime!!

ashley said...

Your house looks like it will be beautiful! I love all the pics! So many sweet babes! I miss those little pumumkins!