Saturday, April 26

My Best Friend's Wedding





I know it's been a while since I posted because my best friend, Tonya got married today.

Congratulations!!

I made her wedding cake, which turned out beautifully. That is why I haven't been blogging this past week, I have spent any time the boys have been asleep doing cake stuff. I am amazed at how many hours I spent. I am not going to disclose the number, but it was more than 2 dozen.
I had fun getting my fingers back into it. After the news I received last night, I am now going to be making another cake this summer, probably in August. (curious? I'll tell you who later.)

I was a little disappointed with the pictures of the cake, because the shiny silver platter made the light reflect onto the icing, giving it a wavy look, instead of the smooth finish that it really had.

I was even more disappointed when I realized that I forgot to bring my camera to the temple, so I don't have any pictures of the bride, or any of the festivities. :-( Maybe I can get them from someone else. I hope.

The ceremony was sweet and simple, and the luncheon was delicious. The caterer was an idiot. Sorry to sound harsh, but there was a complete lack of common sense. The florist left the bridal bouquet in the serving area in a vase. It was very obviously a bouquet. Well, he disassembled the entire arrangement and scattered them on his banquet table, along with parsley and sliced oranges. (ugly) There is a reason a bride hires a florist to do the flowers and a caterer to do the food. So, Tonya's sister ended up reassembling the bouquet for the pictures, but, it wasn't a beautiful as the original. I guess every wedding has a few mini-crises, and generally speaking, they get resolved.

Now, any of you who are planning on getting married had better start kissing up to me now if you want me to make your cake, because it is a lot of work, and I only do it for friends and family, which means that after the friends and family discount, I don't really make anything. Even if you aren't getting married, you can kiss up, though.

1 comment:

Tasharoo said...

I'm not trying to kiss up....

The cake was beautiful and tasted DEVINE!

Way to go Nicole! Tonya is lucky to have you!