Monday, April 28

City kids meet farm animals

Inspired by Suzanne, I spontaneously decided this morning that we should go see the baby animals at wheeler farm. I called my good friend and neighbor, Anna, and invited her and Jessie to come with us. They cheerfully obliged. Because it has free admission, we don't feel like we have to see and do everything like we do when we visit the zoo and pay $10 admission. So, we stayed about 1 1/2 hours and that was just right. Here are some of the fun pictures:Pigs hiding out in the shade. It got up to 80 degrees today!
Tim loved watching the geese- when there was a fence between them.
There were baby animals all over. These goslings still have their yellow down. Cute!
Timmy the climber was up to the second story as the girls watched from below.

An action shot of Timmy talking. The mother cow is giving her calf a bath in the background
Notice the shiner Spencer got in church yesterday? The whole congregation can vouch that we aren't abusing the poor child. Ouch! It looked even worse yesterday.The ducklings stuck close to their momma. My boys, on the other hand, didn't.
The 2 white and gray birds are our state bird, seagulls. They liked stealing the duck's food. They seemed a little out of place at the farm. I envision them at the beach.
Wilbur
Timmy throwing bread to the ducks and geese. Notice how nice he looks with his new haircut. I cut it Saturday morning before I delivered the wedding cake. If you look close, it still has a few shaggy spots, but he was screaming and attempting to escape for the entire ordeal. Any touch-ups will have to take place when he's asleep.
This is as close as Spencer got to lifting his stroller off the ground!
This is Timmy, Jessie, our neighbor girl we love, and Spencer. When there are animals around, you can forget getting them to look at the camera.
Here is my good friend Anna with Jessie. We work in nursery together on Sundays. (Nursery is the children's class for ages 18 mos to 3 years.) Timmy wanted to drive this blue tractor.
My hair is barely long enough to fit in a ponytail again. I decided to grow it out again and donate it when it is long enough. I got really hot in long pants and a sweater.

If any of you want to go to the farm with us, just let us know. We love it!

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

Wow, I was just checking your blog and so much has happened! I love the farm pictures! Congratulations to Shannon! I hope Spring is here to stay!

suz said...

I'm glad you had as much fun at the farm as we did! We will have to plan a day to go back and maybe take a picnic lunch.

ashley said...

You have the cutest boys...and the animals aren't too bad either. I'm glad I finally figured out how to get to blogs from other peoples blogs...you inspired me. I didn't know you guys were building your own house, that's awesome. Romney and I will be renting for at least 4 more years until he's done with school but someday:). Seems like you are a professional blogger...how do you link your blog to someone elses?

ash

Nicole said...

Adding links isn't too complicated- I found its a nice way for me to remember whose blogs I like to keep up with.

Here's a step by step how-to:

First log in to your account. Then click on the top right hand corner where it says "customize."

Then you are going to "Add a page element" on the right, midway down the page

It will bring a lot of page elements to choose from- select Link List

Enter the information you want, then "Save Changes." It should appear instantly when you click "View Blog"

Pro Blog Reviews said...

I have just posted a review of your blog. Please stop in and check it out and thank you for honoring me by asking me to review it.

Collier Family said...

Great pictures. Your boys are so handsome! It's nice that it's 80 degrees! it's about 75 here and it's just perfect. Unlike Phoenix where it's hotter than heck! Oh, and I fixed my hair cut picture. You should be able to view it now!

Loves, Julie