Thursday, August 21

My Sister's Wedding

The newly married Bride and GroomThe night before: Setting up for the Reception
Troy goes to great lengths to help set up the lights
Uncle Dan and Tyler finish hanging their strand
Can you see the family resemblance? Dad and his brother, Uncle Dan
Mom and the fake candles that are really flickering lights
Brandon and Spencer, second cousins. Spencer looks a little too small for the doll carriage
Timmy in a sea of chairs
Hanging the chinese lanterns to look like polka dots
Aunt Lisa and Tara arranging the floral centerpieces
Mom struggling with a huge cart of chairs
Me and Spencer arranging the chairs around the tables

At the Temple

Spencer fell asleep in the car on the way to the temple. Timmy insisted on pushing him in the stroller to the entrance. It took a long 10 minutes to travel the short distance from parking lot to front door.
Aunt Lori, Mom's sister, greets the boys
The bride and groom arrive at the temple. My mom is carrying her dress, but doesn't it look like she's wearing it?
Grandpa Kirby Joe gives great hugs
Me and my Daddy
Uncle Dan's family: Troy (my cousin, not my hubby), Uncle Dan, Tiffany, Aunt Lisa, Tara, Tyler, and little Brandon in front
Aunt Wendy, Mom's 'lil sis
Troy and Spencer trying not to melt in the heat as we wait for the Bride and Groom to emerge from the temple
Kirby attempts to comfort Spencer, who just wants his Mommy
The future missionaries: Garrett, my bro, and Ryley, my cousin
Timmy is tired of waiting, literally
Some of Brian's kids, Kristoffer, who recently got a mission call to Texas, Mandy, Melissa, Gavin's back, and Rand's profile
Shannon on cloud 9 as she exits the temple
All Shannon's new in-laws
The combined families outside the temple
Just our half
Shannon is wearing Dad's sunglasses; Jake still managed to identify her in spite of the disguise
Shannon and the best man...
... my boy Timmy!
Shannon's childhood friend, Wendy
Some of her high school and college friends: Erica, Nikki, & LoraLynn
Moving in for the smooch
Now I know we're not in Kansas anymore: Yes, there are cacti at the temple!
Ahhh, how sweet
The New Kids on the Bench: Kristoffer, Melissa, Mandy
Cousin Tina and her sweet smile
Grandma and Grandpa: she said, "In his suspenders?!"
Timmy always manages to find a tree to climb
Mother and Son: my dad and my grandma
Jake can make some of the funniest faces
Grandma brought this sit-on walker, and Garrett giving her a lift back to the car: what a gentleman

At the Wedding Luncheon
Ryley playing with Rachel and Rand
Lori and her big bro., Brian
Shannon's dress, just hangin' aroung
Jake found somewhere to stash the veil

At the Reception
Jake's parents, Jake and Shannie, and our parents
All dressed up: Timmy's matching tie didn't last the first 5 minutes, oh, well.
Me and my parents
Grandma and Grandpa, minus the suspenders
With Grandma Darcell
The beautiful bridesmaids
Garrett and Gramps
Look at the face on the bride: you'd think she thought I was going to drop her. I didn't.
We didn't drop Superman, either
Putting our best side forward
My sexy man
Guess whose feet are whose...
Me and my baby sis, all growed up and married...
So Skinny!
Playing "Stomp the Bouquet"
the Daddy-Daughter dance
Their first dance...
Some friends from the ward I grew up in: Staci, Wendy, Amy?, and Michelle. I am so embarrassed that I can't remember everyone's name.
Spencer with his Grandma and Grandpa
Timmy and his Great Aunt Lori
There they go!

After the Reception
J.D, my best friend from 7th to 12th grade, and still my pal, with his girlfriend, Beth
My favorite Primary teachers: Bill and MaryEllen
Garrett taking down the "polka dot" lanterns
Troy on the ladder again
The cleanup crew
Spencer couldn't keep his eyes open a minute longer and I was ready to take off the dress.

We had a wonderful trip, and wish Jake and Shannon the best as they start their eternal journey together.

4 comments:

Brett and Ali said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Spencer sleeping in the stroller cracks me up. It makes me reminisce about my own wedding... Glad you're back safe.

Ali and Company

Collier Family said...

WOW! You looked as good as the bride! It would have been fun to have gone to Shannon's wedding and seen everyone! She's beautiful! And I can't believe how grown up Garrett is....so handsome! It looks like you all had a nice time!

suz said...

It looks like it was a great wedding! We will be glad to have you back in nursery though!

Anonymous said...

haha my mom would probably be mad at you for posting that pic of her. it's kinda funny looking :P