Friday, July 11

Is my Family Weird?



Troy claims that my family is a little weird. My opinion is that we are normal and his family is the weird bunch. There is friendly banter between us when we discuss who is the weird one. The topic usually arises when someone in one of our respective family members does something bizarre. We cite the bizarro behavior as evidence to back our claim. I think most married people realize at some point that the norms we grow up with are not necesarrily the same as what other families do.



But, my opinion may be a little biased. Look at the following pictures and decide for yourself. Let me know whose side you would take in this argument

Me (with a rubber band behind my ears)


Garrett doing the same
Smiling. You should put a rubber band on your face, look in the mirror and see if you can keep from laughing. It's almost impossible.
We took these pictures while Garrett, Kirby and I were playing one of our favorite games, Settlers of Catan, and it was well past midnight. We were getting a little punchy and the game was dragging a little. But, I won!

Playing games is another thing that my family loves and Troy can't stand. Since I arrived on the 4th, we have played Settlers od Catan 2x, Guillotine 3x, Chutes and Ladders (with Timmy- start 'em young) over and over, and Sorry 1x, and Chess. Guaranteed, when my parents get back from their cruise, Mom and I will play Sequence, and Daddy and I will play Cutthroat (a version of backgammon.) I will win them all, of course. Timmy and Spencer dressed to the nines. They are really in disguise. Does the name Steve Urkel ring a bell?
Mom and Shannon. Like mother, like daughter
Dad holding newborn Spencer a year ago at out annual camping trip. They are both a little dirty and a little cross-eyed
Shannon. I'm not sure the glassses are helping... but she got her dad's crossed eyes.
(If you have met my family members, you may realize that we don't necesarrily look like this all the time.) Now, if you decide to comment, be nice... we have feelings, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually won Settler of Catan the first time, but then they cheated me and upped the points winnage level. (the # of points needed to win)

Staci said...

You guys are too cute! How long are you in town for? Maybe we can get together? I got my new background at www.leeloublogs.blogspot.com

She actually has a lot of really cute stuff! I hope that helps!

Brett and Ali said...

And you think we are weird...I think there is nothing more to say :)

A Horse Mom said...

you had me laughing out loud!