Sunday, June 1

Happy First Birthday, Spencer!

I can hardly believe our baby is turning 1! We had a carefree day. He woke up at Grandma and Pa's house early (so I am told) and lounged in their bed until they were ready to get up. Then Grandma and Emily went to clean the church, and Pa watched the boys. I guess Timmy didn't want to share his toys with Spencer, so he found some scissors in the drawer, located Spencer's beautifully wrapped gifts. Grandma had tied a Tonka Truck on top with the ribbons. Tim began cutting ribbons until that truck came off. He gave it to Spencer so he wouldn't have to share his toy anymore. The funniest part about it was that Pa was unaware that any of it had happened until Grandma came home and asked him about the mess. It still makes me laugh when I think about it.

Here is the front and back of the invitations I made for Spencer's Party next weekend. I can't believe I had time to make them. They were fun. Timmy helped put the white glue and the dirt in the dump truck. If you know where the "job site" is, consider yourself invited. I was protecting our identity.
When we arrived at the house, the kids were in the sand box with Emily. Will all the dirt at our house, I am surprised that they still love the sand at Grandma's house. After digging in the sand and swinging on the swings, we went inside the house and ate breakfast, then Spencer opened his present (which has been loosened by his brother). It was about 6 darling summer shorts/shirt sets and one that they said was for camping this summer- it has long sleeves and pants.



"Push me higher! Underdoggie!"
You can see the truck Tim cut off the package on the counter
He really liked ripping off the paper!
He already wants to be on the move, like his brother. Whe is such a little boy!
Spencer in disguise, well, removing the disguise.
Then we went for a walk around their neighborhood. Timmy found some old roller skates in the basement and wanted to try them out. Troy also wanted to look at a house that was being built by one of Brad's friends. It was nice to see how they were framing so Troy could have a visual. (it's been almost 15 years since he last helped frame a house.)


Timmy was hilarious on the roller skates. He was very wobbly at first, but in a short while had figured out how to maneuver himself. By the time we had been at the construction site a few minutes, he was climbing up a fairly steep hill alone because he wanted to sit in the little tractor at the top of the hill. He made it to the top!

There's something you don't see everyday: a tractor driver wearing roller skates!


Three generations of boys

4 comments:

Lacy said...

Wow! you are busy people. I am totally jealous of your port-a-potty. Our neighbors behind us are rebuilding their house so I sometimes sneak over to use their port-a-potty!

A Horse Mom said...

Cute pictures. It seems so long ago we were celebrating Natalie's
1st bday! How was the movie? I'd like to see that one too!

Collier Family said...

I love the pictures, so cute! First birthdays are a lot of fun!

Sarah said...

Hi Nicole! Thanks for finding us; I am excited to check out your pictures. I am completely impressed by the invitations - so darling! Glad to hear that the birthday and anniversary were fun. Talk to you soon!