Friday, March 28

Are any of you Sick of eating Yolks?

I remember when I was a kid, that after Easter, when we were slowly finishing our hard-boiled dyed eggs, that I would only eat the white part, and left the yolk on my plate. I also remember Mom trying to convince me that the dry, crumbly yellow part was yummy. It isn't. So, she always ate my yolks.

Well, now the roles have reversed.

I am now the Mommy trying to convince Timmy that the yolks are a healthy, tasty part of Easter eggs. I am failing. I have eaten all the yolks at our house. I'm now doing the countdown. There are only 5 remaining hard-boiled eggs of the nearly 2 dozen original eggs.

2 comments:

Tasharoo said...

Give it up.

We don't even go there...throw out the eggs. YOU DON'T HAVE TO EAT THEM!!!

By the time the kids finish handling them they are pretty warm and cracked and REALLY unappetizing...especially for someone that has NEVER like or eaten boiled eggs! EEeeck!

This was all pretty easy now, that Parker was totally uninterested in finding and rehiding the eggs and Dex just was nice and found the eggs that the "Easter Bunny" hid. Then we took them over to the Harts and hid them for the kids. I hope Annie isn't worrying about eating all those yolks!

Nicole said...

Don't worry, friends, I have finally eaten the last yolk. I think it will be another few months before I boil eggs again. Besides, I used up the eggs today making homemade oreos- my favorite!