Tuesday, November 13

Nicole's Not-So-New 'Do




About 6 weeks before Spencer was born, I cut off the majority of my hair and donated it to Pantene's Great Lengths program. They provide real-hair wigs to women have lost their hair to cancer treatments. My donation was in loving memory of my grandma, Mommer, who lost her hair and her life in her battle with cancer. My ponytail was 14" long. I haven't had my hair this short since 9th grade! I can't decide if I should keep my hair short or grow it out and do it all over again. Cast your vote in my poll!

Things I like about my new hair:

  1. I feel sassy and in style.
  2. Troy plays with my hair more since his fingers don't get tangled in it.
  3. People compliment me about my hair.
  4. It feels good to know my hair went to a good cause.
  5. It doesn't take a long time to style it.
  6. I lost about 3 pounds of hair!
Things I miss about long hair:
  1. Being able to put it in a ponytail or messy bun when I'm in a rush.
  2. Sometimes I feel naked.
  3. Being able to tuck it behind my ear to keep it out of my face
  4. My neck gets sunburned!
  5. Being able to absentmindedly twirl it around my finger.
I put a link to the Pantene Great Lengths website if you want to join the million-inch chain, read the requirements for donations, or see other pictures like these.

2 comments:

Collier Family said...

Love the new Do!! I think it was awesome what you did with it. You're so inspiring! My vote is to grow it out, cut it again, and donate it! You look great either way!

Anonymous said...

hey nicole i like it when you have your hair short. it makes your face fuller its easier to do and it is beautiful long but since u dont do a whole bunch with it when its long it looks more finished when its short.