Monday, November 19

The In-Laws and the Outlaws







It may seem like I am reverse-chronology displaying these, but there were some big things that some of you may have missed out on. These are (obviously) graduation pictures. I am 8 months pregnant and was soooooo excited to finally finish. It took just less than 6 years to complete my BS degree. Whew! You can see the the Y on the mountain in the background- BYU is the best!

My Major was Marriage, Family, and Human Development. I like to joke that it should be called "How to be a mommy." I had to take classes like Family Finances, Language Development, Cognitive Development, Infant Development, Parenting, Marriage Enhancement, and similar classes. I can't say that it properly prepared me for motherhood. I was never offered a class in "How to function on 2 hours of sleep," "What to do when 1 year-old kicks 1 month-old in the head," or "How to wash, fold, and put away 20 loads of laundry a week." In spite of this, I think I am managing just fine. I have found that the easiest fix-all is to load the kids in the stroller and walk. My neighbors can attest to this: we are always wandering around the neighborhood.

Those who came to commencement to hear Vice-President Cheny speak were Brad, Melissa, Troy, Timmy, Spencer (kinda) and me. Those who came to see my walk were: left to right Grandma Marilyn, Brad, Melissa, Troy, Me, Garrett, Jill, Richard, Kirby, Timmy and Shannon. We then had a big BBQ at our house to celebrate and lots of friends and family came. There are not pictures of everyone. Sorry!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good pictures! It must be nice to be all done with school. What did you graduate in? My mom is here visiting, and she says "Congratulations, and what a good looking family." Way to go friend!

Channa said...

What fun pictures! Thanks for sharing. I hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving!