Thursday, December 20

The Annual Christmas Ball

For the past 3 years, Troy's family has thrown a huge party/dance they call "the Ball". It is a formal dance and a lot of people, me included, look forward to having an excuse to dress up. This year 120 invitations were printed. We had a wonderful time, even though I had a hard time getting my date to dance with me. The food is always delicious, and this year was no exception. The only unfortunate thing of the whole evening was that Troy had to leave early because he had volunteered months ago (before the date for the Ball had been decided) to clean the Conference Center in downtown Salt Lake City, where the Mormon Tabernacle Choir holds their Christmas Concert. So, Troy left the party around 9:30pm and I left shortly after that.

My sister Shannie let me borrow the dress, (Thanks, Shannon!) my mom loaned me the cute beaded purse, Tiffany found the elbow-length gloves, which was the icing on the cake, and Shelley came over to help me with my hair and she watched the boys for us. I am such a luck girl!

However, there were some other perks... Just ask the people who found the mistletoe!

Troy & Nicole, Brad & Melissa (they're thinking about kissing), and Tonya & Doug- they danced until midnight

1 comment:

Collier Family said...

Great prictures! You look hot!!! You're so thin, way to go!! Sounds like you had fun! And it's neat that Troy go to help clean the conference center, that would be cool!