Thursday, January 31

Happy belated new year! Here's January in a nutshell.

I thought that since today is the last day of the month I should post something. I usually manage the blog during nap time, but other interests have been keeping me entertained. I have read 8 novels this month, sewed 4 flannel baby blankets, applied for 3 different health insurance plans, and got multiple home and auto insurance quotes, shoveled mountains of snow, baked homemade whole wheat bread from scratch 2 times (including hand cranking the wheat into flour), finally took down Christmas decorations, although I haven't them out to the shed (I didn't want to brave the sub-freezing temperatures and foot + of snow), written in my journal, come up with an idea of how to organize a team for the Diabetes walk for a cure at Hogle Zoo this summer, and have acquainted myself with my new video camera. I am hoping I will learn how to post video clips soon, and the kids will make their debut. (Julie- any tips or advice? your videos are always good, and easy to view.)

Sorry to be so absent this month- I am trying to be a little more balanced.

4 comments:

Collier Family said...

It might depend on what type of camera you have, or your downloading capacity. But we download our videos the same way we do pictures. We put our memory chip into the computer and hit download. The videos come up along with the pictures. When you download onto your blog, next to the picture icon is a movie reel icon. That is for you videos. Click on that, then choose your video and upload it. It may take some time depending on how large a video. Ours usually take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes. There is a process thing that tells you how it is coming along. Hope you can do it!

Anonymous said...

hey nicolie. its shannie this thing does not like to let me leave u comments cuz i dont have a blogspot password or something but i will find a way :D. i love reading these i have read it several times and i still laugh at the "Duck, come here duck." i love you so much. guess what mom and dad and the boys will be here to my college in about an hour. they r coming to visit me because christian is getting baptised today! exciting huh. By the way your mounth of January sounds very productive, im impressed. i just want you to know that i look up to you a whole bunch. i have a great respect for you and troy. i love you so much.

Nicole said...

To Shannie:
You can leave a comment with your name if you choose the "nickname" button and type in your name. Or... you could create your own blog, then you would have a username! I would check your blog!
Loves, Nicolie

Collier Family said...

So about being tagged, I don't really know all the official "rules" either, but what my sister did when she got tagged is just list 6 random things or facts about yourself before you do any other posts. Hope that helps!